Friday, October 14, 2016

Trump Apologetics


I've had to stop reading the political ads and articles and crazy slant pieces on our presidential candidates. I simply can not take it any longer. The negative mudslinging, lies, drama, and hatefulness are all things that I decided years ago to keep out of my life. Yet here it is, headlines every single day. 

I promise you, I have no plan to use this blog as a platform for my political rantings...but who can blame me for writing about Donald Trump right now? I have promised myself to keep it off of my Facebook profile, so I am going to use this space...but only a little!!!!!!!  I promise.

I don't know if I'm coining the expression Trump Apologist, but I've come to see so many of his followers as Apologists. What is an apologist? According to Merriam-Webster, an apologist is a person who defends or supports something (such as a religion, cause, or organization) that is being criticized or attacked by other people. What is a Trump Apologist according to Carin' Loathin', a Trump Apologist is a person who uses a system of political discourse designed to defend Donald Trump's reprehensible behavior.
 .
I have some dear friends who are Donald Trump supporters and I simply can't understand it. The man is most definitely NOT presidential material, hell, he's barely human being material. I'm beside myself with rage and I don't know what to do about it. Trump supporters have to bend over backwards to find ways to continue to support him while standing in ten inches of bullshit. To hear one of my dear, generally lovely friends find an excuse for things Donald Trump says and does, from racists and hateful comments to actual sexual aggression and abuse, surprises the hell out of me. How can these people continue to find excuses to support him? WHAT IS THEIR BOTTOM LINE?????

When will they say, I have had enough, that is the last straw?

SO, this weekend a friend and I will be volunteering for Hillary's campaign on Sunday. I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't so SOMETHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment