Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Five Lists

.
Five Things I'm Good At
  1. Researching things that are new to me or that I don't know about or that simply interest me.
  2. Being willing to say I don't know; let's find out.
  3. Parenting the children that I have in the best way I know how for these individuals.
  4. Fully loving the people in this house.
  5. Working to improve myself.
.
Five Things I'm Not Good At
  1. Cooking
  2. Keeping up with paperwork
  3. Keeping this house clean with three teens in it
  4. Following rules that make no sense.
  5. Tolerating bombastic assholes
.
Five Things I Wish I was Good At 
  1. I wish I could sing.
  2. I wish I was artistic.
  3. I wish I could do algebra...or any math!
  4. I wish I had a better memory.
  5. I would rather be a day person than a night person.

.Five Things that Impress Me
  1. Intelligence and integrity
  2. Kindness
  3. Generosity 
  4. Willingness to listen and learn
  5. Grassroots efforts
.
Five People Who have Influenced Me and WHY
  1. Karen Armstrong  - This author has informed me on religious history more than every other source I have found. I've read nearly all of her books and the single best tome, for me, is A History of God: the 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
  2. Gene - He was a therapist that I saw for alot of years. What he did the most for me was give me the safe place to locate and become myself.
  3. Lara - As my dear friend, she loved me through alot of stupid decisions.
  4. The Specific Person Who Couldn't be on My Side Once I Learned to Think For Myself - I learned that I can't please everyone and I needed to maintain my own integrity. I learned to believe in myself. I learned that I can survive some pretty horrible dishonesty and public slam jobs. And I learned to question authority in fact, I learned to Question Everything.
  5. Jerry - This man is the loveliest reminder that people are good, I am good, and life is happy. And so much more.
    .

No comments:

Post a Comment